1920 Anna Andersen/Jelling Lokalhistoriske Arkiv


The "Håndværkerforening" (The craftsman's association's house) was founded in 1883.


The "Håndværkerforening" was built in 1901 and demolished in 1979 as part of the clearing of the mounds in the early 1980s.
A cinema was set up in the large hall in 1941 by cinema director O.C. Hansen.
In the side wing was a technical school from 1928-60.
The craftsmen's association was used for meetings, amateur, cinema, technical school etc. A hotel and restaurant were also run.




The "Håndværkerforening",
with Technical School to the right.
To the left is The Yellow School

The "Håndværkerforening" seen from the back The Yellow School in the foreground

Ålborg Luftfoto 1948-52/Det Kgl Bibliotek

Ålborg Luftfoto 1948-52/Det Kgl Bibliotek

The picture was taken on the occasion of The "Håndværkerforening" 's anniversary in 1943
Technical School was in the house on the right



Ukendt/Jelling Lokalhistoriske Arkiv





It is not allowed to copy the images on this site.